Enforcement & Contempt


When a couple goes through a divorce some of the common items that need to be decided by the court or agreed upon by the parties include child timesharing, child support, and alimony. Once approved and incorporated into an order signed by the presiding judge, these decisions and agreements are considered to be court orders by the Florida court system. Once all items have been ordered, the parties involved need to be in compliance with these orders.


When one of the parties doesn’t comply with a child parenting time, child support, alimony order, the Florida legal system considers that party to be in contempt of court. Contempt of court is legally defined as behavior in or out of court that is in violation of a court order. If you are found in contempt of court, depending on the situation, this could result in jail time or a hefty fine. Sometimes it’s clear when an order is not followed, sometimes it’s murky. Attorney Hughes, our contempt of court lawyer is experienced and is here to answer your questions throughout the process. At Hughes Law Group we are here to guide you and provide a cost efficient way to assist you with your contempt issues.


If you need help with enforcement of court orders or if your spouse is refusing to meet the agreements set forth by the court after divorce, then Hughes Law Group can help. No matter what aspect of your divorce that involves court enforcement, Attorney Hughes is here to assist you. We will help in guiding you though this process and are familiar with the paperwork that is needed.

If you believe you are in compliance with your court order, yet your ex-spouse or partner is taking you back to court for enforcement, ask Attorney Hughes at Hughes Law Group for assistance. If you aren’t in compliance, you may have valid defenses such as the order isn’t written clearly or you are unable to comply so you are not being willful in your non-compliance. We are knowledgeable with enforcement actions and can answer your concerns.

Learn more by contacting Hughes Law Group in New Port Richey and our contempt of court lawyer, Allyson Hughes.